Monday, January 17, 2011

Going Home with My Cousin

You remind me of my childhood
Chasing chick n fireflies
In the old days
When our limbs were short

Walking up the levee
Counting goat’s droppings
‘Till we reached the river
To catch the rowboat home

And the walk on the farm
Can never forget that
Peeing on the street side
And nibbling the sweet cucumber

But the poor little bird you caught
Owwhh…
I was shaking in sadness
Thought you were some twisted li’l boy

From then on you were away
Busy with your boy things
In your own world I despise

Years pass by
No more fireflies
No more crossing the riverwide

And look at you now
Handsome and all grown up
Do you still remember?
Our crazy adventure
In our little village
Where everything started
And will end eventually

Keep them in our memories
A sweet story I will always miss

No comments:

Post a Comment