Thursday, February 11, 2010

When I'm a Parent

When I’m a parent, Lord
Do remind me
To love my children unconditionally
Like You have loved me
And never count the hardships
I go through in raising them
For I have the responsibility
To show them that it is Your generous blessings
That have brought them to where they are
Safely and soundly, through me
Lead me, Lord
So I can lead them
To be leaders
To conquer the world
But not before they conquer their greatest enemies
Which are them selves…
Teach me to let go
When it’s time for them to go
‘Cause being the children of the Father
They must answer His calling

And finally, let me be satisfied
By knowing that I have raised them
As people who fear You
Love You
And serve You
With all their hearts and souls

3 comments:

  1. agreed 100% for this one :

    Do remind me
    To love my children unconditionally
    Like You have loved me

    you'll be a good parent wid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not yet a mom, but i realize that this prayer can be applied to my job as a teacher. thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @lumoz: Thanks alot, hope so too :)
    @bee: ah... so u're a teacher. Must be great to have a teacher who blogs, cool ;)

    ReplyDelete