Sunday, June 16, 2019

A Priest Walks into a Bar

Lucifer                  : Please tell me you didn't come out here to talk to Him.
Father Frank         : God?  This is as good a spot as any.
Lucifer                  : (laughs) Right. Does He, uh... does He ever talk back?
Father Frank         : I don't need to hear Him to... hear Him. If you know what I mean.
Lucifer                  : Well, yes, He never talks to me, either. Listen, um... sorry about the altar boy. Surely you know you're not to blame. I mean, some people are just... beyond saving.
Father Frank         : That's where you're wrong. There's still hope for him.
Lucifer                  : He shot up your church, he's most likely running a drug ring behind your back, and, oh, yes, killed a man.
Father Frank         : I don't believe that.
Lucifer                  : Look, what if it's true?
Father Frank         : Then he needs me even more.
Lucifer                  : How can you still have faith in this boy?
Father Frank         : God has faith in him. In all of us. Even in our darkest moments.
Lucifer                  : Oh, you really believe that.
Father Frank         : I do. Why don't you?
Lucifer                  : Because He didn't have faith in me.
Father Frank         : I felt that way once, too. But now I know, deep in my heart, God has a plan for me.
Lucifer                  : Oh, His plan for me was quite clear.
Father Frank             : How do you know it's finished?


Taken from Lucifer season 1 episode 9 

No comments:

Post a Comment